Fair and Honest Practices
As part of our values and mission, we fully inform patients up front, providing the information you need to make informed, intelligent choices, to know what to expect, and to know what you need to do in order to maintain your health. Part of that is informing patients of costs and our financial policies.
If you have any questions, issues, special needs or situations, or for any reason, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Payment of your deductible/portion is due at the time service are rendered.
- We accept checks, cash or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
- Insurance claims are submitted as a courtesy to you. In the event that your insurance carrier pays less than the estimated amount, you are responsible for the unpaid balance.
- If a financial arrangement is necessary, it should be made with our Financial Manager prior to beginning any treatment.
- Any unpaid balance will incur a finance charge of 7% per month.
- Failure to pay the agreed upon amount specified in a “payment plan” each billing cycle will result in a late fee of $40.00 in addition to any applicable finance charges.
- Failure to make a payment on an unpaid balance each month, until the balance is completely paid, will result in a late fee of $40.00 in addition to any applicable finance charges.
- If your account is sent to a collection agency, you will be responsible for the unpaid account balance as well as any additional collections costs. Should legal action become necessary, you are also responsible for all court costs, attorney fees, etc.
- A $50.00 charge will be applied to your account for missed appointments or cancellation with less than 24 hours notice with the Hygienists.
- A $80.00 charge will be applied to your account for missed appointments or cancellation with less than 24 hours notice with Dr. Markowitz.
- If you have dental insurance, it is your responsibility to provide us with all the information necessary to submit a claim. This includes the card holder’s employer information, insurance carrier, group and card holder ID numbers, mailing address and telephone number. Please notify us of any changes in your insurance before the start of your first visit following the change, before any work begins.
- It is your responsibility to verify coverage with your insurance plan.
- A $40.00 charge will be applied to your account for any check returned by the bank for insufficient funds. Full payment for you balance will be required in cash or credit card with 48 hours after this office notifies you of the return.